Integrated Project Management, Value Engineering & Land Title Surveying
APP’s role as project managers was multi-faceted. Our conventional PM role involved coordinating approvals and design, calling tenders and supervising construction. The developers of Habitat engaged with APP’s suggestion to use the integrated management system and value engineering process to risk share, defuse commercial conflict and obtain maximum value from building and designers shared input. Results to date have been excellent.
Civil works involved $7.5m of detailed infrastructure work and was constructed on time, and $0.5m under budget. Building works are currently under way. At completion the building component will consist of a $12m commercial precinct and $70m domestic and live-work areas.
VE and IPM Attributes for Habitat:
- Leading a collaborative team approach in design development
- Tender and Contract Administration by APP Risk Sharing Contract
- Value Engineering exercise between Tender and Construction phase
- Coordinating APP’s in-house design team as well as external architects, service engineers, other specialist consultants and builders
- Liaising with Council and PCA to obtain timely approvals
- Community and Strata Title Subdivisions
The project has been running since 2014 and will be completed in 2020.
The key parties involved with this project are Agcorp, DFJ, and MDA.
The budget for this project is $100m.